During this tutorial, we are going to take a look at “How to add images to WordPress”. The easiest way I have found to add images to any WordPress website is to follow this step-by-step guide.
To upload images to your media library:
- Go to Media > Library from your WordPress Dashboard
- Select Add New
- Then, select Drop files to upload or Select File
- Press Select Files and select the images from your computer you would like to use
- And then select Upload.
These photos will now be saved in your Media Library for whenever you wish to use them throughout your website.
Now to add images to your Posts!
From your WordPress dashboard add a “new post” and then your post title. When you are ready to add your post content;
- Click on the plus button to add new block (covered in my previous tutorial)
- Search for image
- Then, select the image you would like to use and insert it.
In the video tutorial you can see the image is inserted to the post and where to find the editing options.
Click on the 3 dots and you will have options to…
- Insert Before
- Insert After
- Move to
- Edit as HTML and
Once you’re happy with your post and how your images look, click “publish” or “schedule” to schedule your post for a later date.
So, this is how you can add images to your posts.