Web Hosting & Domain Names – Terms & Conditions
* By completing your purchase, and/or logging into your account, or allowing files to be uploaded to it, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
* Registration of domain names is carried out on our clients’ behalf on a ‘best endeavours’ basis. There may be circumstances that mean we are unable to secure a requested domain name, even after it has been provisioned on our servers. Under these circumstances we will only be liable to offer a refund or to register an equivalent price domain name at the client’s request.
* If payments due are not received on schedule by Richard Thorne Web Design or my nominated agents we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw or cancel services.
* Domain and hosting renewals fall due on the renewal date. Any cancellation or change to those services must be received in writing or by email before the renewal date. If you cancel your account, no refunds will be made.
* You may not store more data in your account than that allocated with your hosting product, however upgrades can be arranged quickly on request.
* Your virtual server (including FTP access to it) is for your use only. You must not divulge the password to any other person, and you should take reasonable precautions to ensure that it is not discovered by other people.
* Data stored on the servers is not guaranteed to be backed up, however backups are taken usually every 24 hours, and often older versions of files (since deleted) may be available in the monthly backups. A charge may be made for recovery of file(s). It is recommended that you keep an independent backup of all data stored on your webspace.
* You may not run server processes (eg talkers/IRC Bots) from your virtual server. Shell accounts (telnet or ssh) are not available on virtual web hosting packages.
* I shall not be held liable for any loss or damages caused by the use or misuse, unavailability or removal of services. When your account is closed, all files (including web pages) will be deleted. We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice.
* If your site uses excessive bandwidth that has an adverse effect on other clients we reserve the right to disable your site until you can reduce your bandwidth usage, and bill you for bandwidth used over and above your allocation. Each hosting product includes a set bandwidth. If you exceed this usage, you may be required to upgrade your hosting account to cover bandwidth used.
* As a general guide, virtual hosting accounts are recommended for sites requiring up to 15GB of data per month. If you exceed your bandwidth allocation, additional charges may be made.
* To protect your privacy we never distribute your name or email address to any third parties. Users must not participate in any form of un-solicited bulk emailing or spam. If you have a legitimate requirement to bulk email you must contact me first.
* Commercial use of hosting and email services is permitted. You will be responsible for the content of your website and emails, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include and ensuring that their contents do not violate UK law.
* There a size limit on email attachments of 10 Mb.
* By default, all email accounts on the servers are screened from persistent senders of SPAM and UBM. To opt out of this service, please email [email protected] – I cannot guarantee you will never receive junk emails, but their occurrence should be reduced as much as possible.
* By default, all emails are examined electronically for virus content. Any suspect emails may then be subject to individual scrutiny by one of the security team. I cannot guarantee emails are totally virus free and strongly recommend the permanent use of active anti-virus protection on any computer connected to the Internet.
* We don’t allow .exe files (or .zip files containing .exe files) to be sent by email.
* Purchase, transfer, renewal and use of domain names on Richard Thorne Web Design and our partner company’s equipment will comply with the relevant Nominet, TuCows OpenSRS, CentralNic and ICANN rules and guidelines as amended from time to time and published on their respective websites.
* I do not make a charge to transfer domain names to another register, however such transfers will only be effected once all outstanding invoices from Richard Thorne Web Design have been settled in full.
* You will be held responsible for, and accept responsibility for, any defamatory, confidential, secret or other proprietary material available via your web site or email. We reserve the right to remove material deemed inappropriate from your web pages, without prior notice. Richard Thorne Web Design does not allow the servers to be used for any illegal purpose. For the avoidance of doubt Richard Thorne Web Design does not permit the use of its servers for adult content.
Web Hosting Costs
1. Web hosting is payable yearly in advance or monthly by standing order. You must notify me by email to cancel. No refunds are given if hosting is cancelled.
2. Web hosting accounts will be suspended a week after the invoice is due if payment has not been received. This means that a website won’t be visible to visitors. It can be restored on full payment of the invoice.
1. Domain names are purchased on your behalf and registered in your name or Company name meaning you own the domain name.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended and updated at any time without notice.
Last updated 12/6/2020