During this tutorial we are going to look at “WordPress – General Settings” with a step-by-step video guide.
Open up your WordPress dashboard, select Settings (as previously shown in my article here), and then select General.
If you haven’t already done so, here you can enter or edit the following:
- Site Title
- Tagline – In a few words, explain what this site is about.
- WordPress Address (URL)
- Site Address (URL) – Enter the address here if you want your site home page to be different from your WordPress installation directory.
- Administration Email Address – This address is used for admin purposes.
- Membership – Check this box or not to allow registration (to your website).
- New User Default Role – from here, you will find a drop-down menu where you can select one of the following:
Continuing on down the Settings you’ll also find where you can set the following:
- Site Language
- Time Zone
- Date Format
- Time Format
- Week Starts On
And, that just about sums up the settings section to your WordPress Website.
If you haven’t done so already, please check out my previous articles on Your Guide to WordPress Site Options and Settings and Reusable Blocks in WordPress